GreenScape.ca Watering Systems is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by reason of your customer relationship with GreenScape.ca Watering Systems. This policy explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is handled appropriately.
Our policies and practices have been designed to co-operate and comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) and corresponding provincial privacy acts, in both spirit and in law.
Who is GreenScape.ca.ca Watering Systems?
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically, and is recorded in any form. Personal information may include, but not be limited to such things as age, gender, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical records, and credit records. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
- public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed
- professional and business directories available to the public
- certain public registries and court records
- certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
- We are accountable to you.
GreenScape.ca is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that may be transferred to third parties for processing, storage, or other purposes. We have a designated Privacy and Security Officer who is accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
- We let you know why we collect your personal information.
GreenScape.ca identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected. We do this before, or at the time the information is actually being collected.
- We obtain your consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal information.
GreenScape.ca obtains your consent to collect, use, or disclose personal information.
The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to the type of personal information being collected, used, or disclosed, as follows:
- GreenScape.ca will obtain your express consent (verbal, written, or electronic agreement) to collect, use, or disclose sensitive personal information
- GreenScape.ca will use implied consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal information where one or more of the following apply
4 a customer relationship already exists
4 you have not opted out of such implied consent
4 where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting GreenScape.ca’s Customer Service Department using any of the means provided at the end of this policy. You will be directed to the appropriate person within GreenScape.ca to make said changes.
- We limit collection of your personal information
GreenScape.ca Watering Systems collects only the information required to provide products and services to you. If the personal information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide products and services, your consent will be obtained before, or at the time the information is collected. GreenScape.ca will collect personal information only by clear, fair, and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
- Communicating with you generally
- Processing your initial installation contract
- Processing and keeping track of transactions, and reporting back to you
- Protecting you and GreenScape.ca against fraud or error
- Providing product and services requested by you
- Surveying you from time-to time to improve our offerings and the way we deal with you
- Recommending products and services GreenScape.ca believes will be of interest and provide value to you
- Complying with legal and governmental requirements
- We limit use, disclosure, and retention of your personal information.
GreenScape.ca uses and discloses your personal information only for the purposes it was collected. GreenScape.ca does not sell or rent personal information to any organization or person for any reason.
We do not share your personal information with third party organizations except to conduct customer satisfaction or product/service improvement surveys, or possibly to offer you related products or services. In the event your personal information is shared with a third party, these third parties are bound by appropriate agreements with GreenScape.ca to secure and protect the confidentiality of your personal information. Further, GreenScape.ca retains your personal information only as long as it is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and provincial laws.
- We keep your personal information up to date and accurate.
GreenScape.ca keeps your personal information up to date, accurate, and relevant for its intended use. You may request access to the personal information we have on record in order to review and amend the information, as you deem appropriate. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus, etc.).
- The security of your personal information is a priority for GreenScape.ca.
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
- physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets
- electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database encryption, and/or personal identification numbers
- organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals
- contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal information
- We are open about our privacy and security policy.
- We provide you access to your personal information stored by GreenScape.ca.
You can request access to your personal information stored by GreenScape.ca. Upon receiving such a request, GreenScape.ca will:
- Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or in our control, how it is used, and to whom it may have been disclosed
- Provide you with access to your information so you can review and verify its accuracy and completeness and request changes to the information
- Make any necessary updates to your personal information
- We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy.
GreenScape.ca will respond in a timely manner to your questions, concerns, and/or complaints about the privacy of your personal information and/or our privacy policies and procedures.
How to contact us:
Call our Customer
Service Centre at: 613.723.8528
Fax us at: 613.723.7582
E-mail us: Email us
Mail us at: GreenScape.ca Watering Systems, Inc.
Attention: Privacy and Security Officer
2-54 Cleopatra Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K2G 0B3